Raffle to benefit Nā Lei Hulu I Ka Wēkiu
GRAND PRIZE– DEC 12, 2018 Drawing
Kaua'i Paradise Getaway:
Wave good-bye to traffic, Wi-Fi, and cell phones. Enter the calm of Kauaʻi's lush valleys and mountains and re-discover the simple pleasures of nature. This customized once-in-a-lifetime experience will help you un-plug and de-stress. Discover how the Native Hawaiians' traditions promoted a lifestyle that respected Mother Nature (Haumea) and in the process nurtured a sustainable ecosystem. Observe ancient villages and partake in various cultural practices. Includes air transportation for two1, accommodations2, and a heritage discovery tour.
Entry Deadline: DEC 1, 2018
EARLY BIRD DRAWING - SEP 15, 2018
Congratulations to the winner of our Early Bird Raffle drawing! Susan B. of San Francisco is receiving two tickets to our OCT 27 gala dinner and VIP seats for I Mua: Hula In Unusual Places.
Raffle tickets are still available for our Grand Prize Kaua'i Paradise Getaway drawing to be held DEC 12, 2018.
More Prizes- DEC 12 Drawing
- Exclusive dinner for 4 at Hale Pōliko hosted by Director Patrick Makuakāne
- Custom designed Hawai'i-inspired quilt
- Taste of San Francisco Gift Pak
- Family Fun in the San Francisco Bay Area - Attraction Tickets
- Taste of Hawaii Gift Pak
- Nikon Waterproof Camera - COOLPIX W100
- Spa/Fitness Gifts & Activities
- Giants Memorabilia
- 49er Memorabilia
- Warriors Memorabilia
- Chocolate Lovers Candy Box
- Coffee Break
- Na Lei Hulu Memorabilia
- Pro Executive Laptop Backpack by Waterfield
- Tea Time
- Uchi - Adirondack Chair
- Various gift certificates and attraction tickets, including:
NĀ LEI HULU KAUA'I PARADISE GETAWAY RAFFLE RULES & FAQ
Nā Lei Hulu, a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is conducting this raffle pursuant to California Penal Code Section 320.5, et seq, to raise funds for ongoing programs and productions.
The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
The Grand Prize Winner assumes all fees, local, state and federal taxes (including but not limited to income taxes based on the value of the vacation). These consequences may apply to other prizes as well. NLH takes no responsibility for any tax liabilities. Consult your tax advisor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I purchase raffle tickets? Anyone 18 years of age or older and a U.S. resident can purchase a $5 raffle ticket from Nā Lei Hulu haumana (students), board members, and staff. E-mail address for ticket purchase inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What are the prizes?
- Grand Prize Drawing - DEC 12, 2018 Grand Prize – Kaua'i Paradise Getaway: Includes air transportation for two1, accommodations2, and a heritage discovery tour. Entry Deadline: DEC 1, 2018 Full Prize list above
- Early Bird Drawing - SEP 15, 2018 Early Bird Prize: 2 Gala Dinner & Show Tickets, I Mua: Hula In Unusual Places, OCT 27, 2018 at the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre Early Bird Entry Deadline: SEP 1, 2018
Q:When are the drawings? Drawings will be held on SEP 15, 2018 and DEC 12, 2018
- Early Bird Drawing on SEP 15, 2018 for tickets purchased by SEP 1, 2018. To encourage people to purchase tickets sooner rather than later, all tickets entered into the early bird drawing are also included in the grand prize drawing. Early Bird Prize: 2 Gala Dinner and Show Tickets, I Mua: Hula In Unusual Places, OCT 27, 2018 at the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre.
- Grand Prize Drawing on DEC 12, 2018 for all tickets purchased by the end of raffle sales on DEC 1, 2018.
Q: How do I redeem my prize? Prize winners will be contacted according to the contact information provided on the raffle at the time of ticket purchase. In addition a list of winners will be posted on the Nā Lei Hulu raffle web site within a week of drawing
Q: When does the raffle start and when does it end?
The raffle begins on AUG 1, 2018 and ends on DEC 1, 2018. If all tickets are sold before the DEC 1, 2018 deadline, the raffle will end sooner.
Q: Are raffle tickets tax-deductible?
No. The IRS does not allow raffle tickets to be a tax-deductible contribution. To make a tax-deductible contribution, please visit our Giving page
Q: Are raffle prizes considered income?
Yes. Winners of prizes valued over $600 may be required to submit an IRS Form 5754 and a W2-G in order to be awarded the prize.
- Hawaiian Airlines $1,000 e-gift card for air travel on Hawaiian Airlines, anywhere Hawaiian Airlines flies in Hawai'i, North America and Internationally.To redeem E-Gift Card or Gift Card, winner must make reservation online. E-Gift Cards and Gift Cards are not accepted when making reservations on the phone or in person.
- Kaua'i accommodations at a Marriott Hotel OR at a private estate on Kaua'i's north shore.Depending upon your travel dates: $1,500 Marriott GiftCard can be used at any participating Marriott hotel at these brands, including EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®Hotels, Renaissance®Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Moxy Hotels®, and at participating Ritz-Carlton properties worldwide. For travel after OCT 1, 2019, a consecutive 5-nite stay for up to 8 persons at a private estate located on the North Shore of Kaua'i (based upon availability between OCT 1, 2019 - JAN 31, 2020, restrictions may apply).